2/5/09

Nearing The End

Hi, friends!

It's February, all ready! I'm scheduled to fly out of Kalemie (my true Congolese-hometown) on the 17th, and will spend a week in Bukavu, before my voyage home.

Other stuff:

I got my yellow belt in Shotokan Karate, this morning! And I'm quite bruised an battered, after having to fight the other two students and Sensai Sable.

Things at the schools have gone wonderfully! Next week will, of course, be my last week teaching.

I've started learning Swahili. A bit late in the game, perhaps, but I'll continue online studies when I'm in the US. It's a fairly simple language-- the grammar is easy. The hard part is, every word is new. So I'm doing a lot of memorizing.

I'm currently seeking scholarship opportunities, as I am planning to enter CU Boulder as a Linguistics major, this fall. If anyone has any suggestions or relevant connections, please send them my way!

Well. I'll see some of you, very soon!


At my friend Raphael's house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoooooHooooo! Get yourself home!!

Keith Dykstra said...

You're coming home! Please come to DC. I expect to see dreadlocks. Don't disappoint me. I've been thinking about Congo a lot lately. Everyone at my new job is suddenly interested in working there. And they all come to me expecting me to be the expert. It makes me wish I were there.

Alberta Wray said...

Wow ... your time there is coming to an end. You have an amazing writing gift (not to mention so many other things going for you, Nathan). I am so looking forward to hearing about all your accomplishments in the near and far future. You are truly blessed, and extremely talented. I hope your time there has 'ruined you for the ordinary' and helped you to recognize that God can use us in the most inspiring ways if we allow Him to.